New York Wine & GrapeNews
Call for NYWGF's 2019 Unity Awards Nominations
Each year the New York Wine & Grape Foundation honors individuals and wineries for their distinguished contributions to the New York wine and grape industry. Awards are also given to recognize a restaurant and retailer for their promotion of New York wines. These awards - Unity, Industry, Grower, Research, Restaurant, Retailer, Distributor and Consumer - will be presented at the Unity Banquet Luncheon at B.E.V. NY that will take place on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at the RIT Inn & Conference Center in Henrietta, NY.
Please take a moment and send us your nominations for the awards listed below. All nominations will be kept confidential. Also, here is a listing of previous award winners.
Nominations must be received no later than January 16, 2019.
This year we are excited to give our Business Associate Members the opportunity to support and attend the Unity Banquet Awards Luncheon as well! Show your support by sponsoring one of our prestigious award categories. This opportunity will help shine a spotlight on your business, provide you with tickets to the luncheon and much more. Learn more here.
- Phyllis Feder Unity Award: Recognizes individuals who have volunteered their time, shown exceptional leadership, and achieved recognized results in building industry co-operation and unity.
- Jim Finkle Industry Award: Recognizes outstanding achievements in aspects of the industry not directly covered by the Unity awards (marketing, promotion, legislative, organizational or other).
- Grower Award: Recognizes an individual for dedication and contributions to the New York grape industry.
- Winery Award: Recognizes major contributions in advancing the image and reputation of the New York wine industry.
- Research Award: Recognizes major contributions in the area of grape growing, processing, and wine research, and may be presented to scientists, industry members or others.
- Restaurant Award: Recognizes excellence in promoting New York wines in a fine dining experience.
- Retailer Award: Presented to wine stores which do an exceptional job in educating consumers about the quality and variety of New York wines.
- Ron Reals Distributor Award: Recognizes achievement in distributing and promoting New York wines.
- Consumer Award: For "enthusiastic" support of the New York wines industry and for exemplifying the use of wine as part of a happy, healthy lifestyle.
When considering your nominations, please keep in mind that Foundation Board members are NOT eligible. While they are deserving of many thanks for their time and energy input, they will not be entered into the running for these awards while they are still on the Board.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sam Filler, Executive Director
Dana Alexander, Director of Operations
Valerie Venezia,Ross Director of Member Relations and Development
Jennifer Cooper, Special Projects Manager
Kim Hughes, Finance Manager
Paul Brady, NY Wine Brand Ambassador
Julie Hosbach, Communications Manager
Teresa Knapp, Wine Classic Coordinator
NYWGF BOARD MEMBERS:
Gerald Barnhart, Victory View Vineyard
Mike Colizzi, Kashong Glen Vineyards
Jackie Czub, NYS Dept. Ag & Markets
Kevin Faehndrich, Mazza Chautauqua Cellars
Stefan Fleming, Empire State Development
Russell Hearn, Premium Wine Group
John Martini, Anthony Road Wine Company
Luke Haggerty, Constellation Brands
Jan Nyrop, CALS Director
Linda Purdy, Pendleton Farms
Max Rohn, Wölffer Estate Vineyard
Charlie Marshall, The Marshal
Rob Smith, National Grape Cooperative
Harold Smith, Smith Farms
Julie Suarez, Cornell University
Oscar Vizcarra, Vizcarra Vineyards
Kim Wagner, Stoutridge Vineyard
Leah George, Greater Rochester Enterprise
Katie Roller, Opici: Upstate & Metro NY
Jamie Castellani, Wine & Liquor Outlet