New York Wine & GrapeExport Program
For several years, the New York Wine & Grape Foundation has conducted a small export program with funding support from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). The New York wines staff team, with the guidance of our Promotions Committee and Export Advisory Committee (made up of industry members and participants) execute this program each year.
The principal activities include “New York Wines” trade exhibits at major trade shows and consumer events; New York wine seminars with Master Sommeliers and key influencers in each market, publication of brochures and other literature; advertising and public relations; familiarization tours of New York’s wine regions for the press and trade; comprehensive educational resources such as the New York Wine Course & Reference, the Varietal Series; and meetings with key wine buyers.
Each year, all New York wineries are invited to participate in the program. There is a small per market participation fee. Wineries must contribute a modest amount of wine samples, pay their own travel expenses for some events and branded advertising costs (which are normally partially reimbursable). The program year runs from July 1 – June 30.
In an average year, about 30 New York wineries from the different regions choose to participate in the program to one degree or another. Some send wine and people for shows or events and others just have touring groups stop for a visit to gain a little more understanding of how their wines stack up in the international market.
For more information and to sign up for the program, click here.
New York Wines in International News:
- New York Wines to join Oregon and Washington wine tasting in London
- Upstate New York wines crack one of the world's 'toughest' markets
- 34 hours in New York, eating and drinking well Part I Part II and Part III
- Buyer Debate: Sommeliers discover New York State wines
- The New York wine podcast takeover schedule
The markets currently funded:
- Asia (mainland China and Hong Kong)
- Western Europe (which includes activities in Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, and the UK, but we may also carry out an activity in Denmark)