For Industry & Trade
Industry & TradeMembership Forms
The New York wine industry has grown strongly since 1985 when the New York Wine & Grape Foundation was created, and the growth trend continues to accelerate, with well over 300 licensed wine producers throughout the State. In addition, the creation of new wineries has spread well beyond the traditional regions to all corners of the State: of New York’s 62 counties, well over 50 have wineries, which now exist in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens!
The New York Wine & Grape Foundation has served as an “incubator” to help new wineries get established by providing basic information about laws and regulations, business plans, marketing and much else. The Foundation has also financed major research at Cornell University aimed at improving the quality of New York grapes and wine, and the sustainability of vineyards and wineries. This section contains a few of the resources available to grape growers, winery owners, and those who would like to be.
Our winery and grape grower members can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Activities that Raise the Profile of New York State’s Wine Regions and Wineries, including the New York Wine and Food Classic, NY Drinks NY and more
- ‘Best Practice’ Sharing Among Member Network
- Data and Research on Wine and Grape Growing; Industry Studies and Reports
- Email Newsletter providing Member Benefit Updates, Industry News and Educational Events
- Educational Webinars and On-Site Training for Winery Staff
- Events and Networking Opportunities (i.e. Annual Member Meeting TBA)
- International Programs that Expand the Marketplace for New York State Wines
- Marketing and Branding Materials for New York State Wines
Questions? Contact Valerie Ross, Director of Member Relations & Development.
Grower members support the research program which helps them grow quality fruit