Industry and Trade Membership
The New York wine industry has grown significantly since 1985 when the New York Wine & Grape Foundation was created, and the growth trend continues to accelerate, with over 440 licensed wine producers throughout the State. In addition, the creation of new wineries has spread well beyond the traditional regions to all corners of the State: of New York’s 62 counties, well over 50 have wineries, which now exist in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens!
The mission of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation is to promote the world-class image of New York grapes and wines from our diverse regions to responsibly benefit farmers, producers and consumers through innovative marketing, research, communication, and advocacy. We endeavor to ensure that New York State is recognized as the world's premier region for cool and cold climate viticulture.
To accomplish the above, the New York Wine & Grape Foundation provides a wide rage of marketing programs, membership benefits, educational events, subsidies and more to wineries, grape growers, associated business and consumers alike.
- Click here to listen to and view our Membership Orientation for Wineries and Growers.
- Click here to download a list of Membership Benefits for Wineries and Growers
- Click here for a list of Membership Benefits for Consumers
- Click here for Membership Benefits for Business Associates
We have also served as an “incubator” to help new wineries get established by providing basic information about laws and regulations, business plans, marketing and much else. The Foundation has also financed major research at Cornell University aimed at improving the quality of New York grapes and wine, and the sustainability of vineyards and wineries. This section contains a few of the resources available to grape growers, winery owners, and those who would like to be.
Questions? Contact Valerie Ross, Director of Member Relations & Development.
- Membership is on a rolling 12-month basis from the date of your payment.
- Business Associate Members - $150
- Consumers - $50
- Professional- $75
- Growers - $25 to $100
- Wineries - $300 for producers under 5,000 gallons. Larger producers based on production. Click here.