The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit
“The U.S. is the largest wine-consuming country in the world, giving U.S. producers an amazing home-court advantage.” - State of the Wine Industry, Silicon Valley Bank (2019)
As you know, wine tourism serves as a huge driver of the NYS tourism economy. It generates wine sales, creates hospitality jobs, and draws visitor attention to the State’s cultural and historical assets. In an effort to act as the leader in branding New York wines, and the winery experience, the New York Wine & Grape Foundation and our wine trail partners recognized that a refreshed approach to marketing practices should be explored in order to ensure continued growth and competitiveness. To that end, NYWGF contracted with Campbell Ewald to research “best-in-class” examples of wine tourism, execute consumer research to develop wine tourism visitor profiles, and develop a toolkit of marketing strategies.
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit was created to provide practical marketing advice on how to increase visitation to tasting rooms and elevate visitors’ experience, thus making New York State a world premier wine tourism destination. The toolkit includes profiles of three potential visitor targets who exhibit a higher inclination to visit a New York winery. These profiles are coupled with recommended marketing strategies to motivate them to visit. The toolkit offers specific operational tactics that wineries and wine trails can deploy to generate greater brand loyalty from the visitor targets.
View the recorded webinar.
Winery Members: FREE
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit will be made available for free to paid New York Wine & Grape Foundation members winery members and members of the supporting wine trail partners (see list below.) Winery Members will receive an email with link to download and time-limited password. Please contact us if you are a current member winery and need to access a copy of the Toolkit.
Business Associate Members: $149
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit will be made available for $149 to paid New York Wine & Grape Foundation Business Associate Members.
Non-Member Wineries: $299
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit will be made available for $299 to New York State wineries that are not current members of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation.
Non-Member Businesses: $499
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit will be made available for $499 to New York State Businesses that are not current members of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation.
Out-of-State Purchases: $999
The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit will be made available for $999 to any winery or business entity not based in New York State.
Purchasing The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
An email from Eventbrite will be sent to you immediately after successful purchase of The New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit. In that email you will find a link, along with a password to download the document. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office.
Please note: All sales are final. We strongly recommend that purchasers watch this pre-recorded overview before buying. If you have any questions about your purchase, or if you would like help implementing the toolkit in your organization, please feel free to contact Julie Hosbach at 1 (585) 394-3620 or email her at email@example.com.
By downloading the New York Wine Tourism Marketing Toolkit, users agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Users will not make or distribute copies of the Toolkit, or electronically transfer the Toolkit from one computer to another or over a network.
- Users will not alter, merge, modify, adapt or translate the Toolkit, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Toolkit to a human-perceivable form.
- Users will not sell, re-sell, rent, lease, or sublicense the Toolkit.
- Users may not disclose the results of Toolkit to any third party without NYWGF’s prior written consent.
- Users may not install or use the Toolkit for any commercial training purpose.
- Users may not use the Toolkit to develop any product having the same primary function as the Template.
In the event that a User fails to comply with this agreement, NYWGF may terminate the license and you must destroy all copies of the Toolkit.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING WINERIES AND WINE TRAIL PARTNERS:
- Cooperstown/Otsego County Tourism thisiscooperstown.com
- Cooperstown Beverage Trail https://www.cooperstownbeveragetrail.com
- Canandaigua Wine Trail http://canandaiguawinetrail.com
- Cayuga Lake Wine Trail https://www.cayugawinetrail.com
- Pleasant Valley Wine Company https://www.pleasantvalleywine.com
- Bully Hill Vineyards https://www.bullyhillvineyards.com
- Finger Lakes Visitors Connection/Ontario County Tourism http://www.visitfingerlakes.com
- Finger Lakes Wine Alliance https://www.fingerlakeswinealliance.com
- Seneca Lake Wine Trail https://senecalakewine.com
- Shawangunk Wine Trail https://www.shawangunkwinetrail.com
- Dutchess County Tourism https://dutchesstourism.com
- Chautauqua County Visitors Bureau https://www.tourchautauqua.com/Default.aspx
- Lake Erie Wine Country http://www.lakeeriewinecountry.org
- Long Island Wine Council https://liwines.com
- Millbrook Vineyards & Winery http://www.millbrookwine.com
Support was also provided by Market New York through I LOVE NY, New York State’s Division of Tourism as a part of the Regional Economic Development Council awards.